Job Opening ID: 185737
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Ann Arbor, MI
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Law School
Department: Law School
Posting Begin/End Date: 3/17/2020
Paid Time Off:
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Michigan Law seeks a creative, persuasive, inventive, and detail oriented writer to join a fun yet professional marketing and communications team to write a variety of marketing communications materials. The Writer may develop copy for a variety of communications, including brochures, direct mail, the website, newsletters, online media, and email marketing. The writer also may be heavily involved in editing and proofreading, and should be sensitive to language, able to synthesize complicated concepts, and comfortable working under deadlines. You must be able to work independently, gather relevant information, and present it in copy appropriate to the audience and vehicle.
- Produce written copy in the form of brochures, direct mail, online content, newsletters, online media, email marketing, articles, and promotional marketing material.
- Provide written coverage of select Law School events.
- Work in partnership with various Law School departments to develop copy.
- Serves as a resource for department personnel in writing, adherence to the Law School's editorial style guide, document design/layout and other communication matters.
- Serves as a resource for proofreading and editing a variety of marketing and communications materials.
Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned or requested
Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, communications, English, or related field. Previous experience in writing, marketing or higher education preferred. Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Ability to produce excellent copy
- Outstanding communication skills; strong attention to detail, excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills;
- Confident, congenial interviewing style and subsequent ability to craft short, snappy, on-message profiles of students, faculty, and alumni;
- Ability to easily change writing styles to fit the audience and voice of the piece;
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of AP and Chicago style, grammar, spelling, proofreading, and other writing conventions.
- A commitment to higher education and an ability to create content that engages current and prospective students, as well as other audiences and enhances their experience with Michigan Law;
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, prioritize and plan work activities while meeting respective deadlines;
- Must possess a demonstrated attention to detail in order to achieve a high degree of accuracy;
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion;
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; and
Ability to professionally yet personably engage with high-level administrators, the Law School's donors, alumni, faculty, and students.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/185737/writer_temp
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency