This ad is expired.
Visiting Assistant Professor, Biology - One-Year Temporary (Moreno Valley College)
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Natural Sciences & Kin (M)
Physical location of the position:
One-Year Temporary (Faculty)
Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6
67,510 - 104,015
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
The successful candidate will have primary (majority) teaching responsibilities in Microbiology lecture and laboratories at Moreno Valley College. The position may also include possible secondary teaching assignments in General Biology and Health Science courses offered. This teaching assignment may also include some evening and weekend instruction (Friday and Saturday).
Master's degree in any Biological science or bachelor's degree in any Biological science and a master's degree in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science or the equivalent.
(All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications shall be from accredited institutions).
Required: A minimum of two years teaching experience in Microbiology and General Biology at the college level. Desired: Experience in developing curriculum, maintaining and updating course outlines of record, and conducting program review.
Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will, among other things:
1. Fulfill the duties of a full-time instructor, including, but not limited to, holding weekly office hours and completing 24 hours of "flex credit" through various available activities and seminars.
2. The instructional assignment will include lecture and laboratory classes in the discipline.
3. Assignments are based upon the assumption of workload of forty hours weekly, including but not limited to conducting classes, class preparation, student evaluation, office hours, committee work, curriculum and program development, student learning outcomes assessment, program review, student activities, and other duties per the bargaining unit agreement.
4. Institutional service activities are expected of all faculty members.
5. Participation in discipline/department decision making processes and work regarding curriculum, program development, Improvement of Instruction, and other professional matters are also expected of all department faculty.
6. Responsibilities also include maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
Conditions of Employment:
1. This is a long-term temporary, non-tenure track position for the 2019-20 academic year. RCCD employees who have served in a long-term temporary capacity within the last three years are not eligible to apply for this position.
2. Salary is commensurate with academic preparation, and full-time teaching or equivalent experience with a range from Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6 of the current Faculty Salary Schedule.
3. Medical and dental benefits are provided for the employee and dependents.
4. A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided for the employee.
5. Orientation to the college is required, as is adherence to college Improvement of Instruction Policy.
6. Maintaining broad knowledge of academic or occupational area and design pedagogy related to learning outcomes is expected.
7. Responsible for all other conditions of employment required of full-time faculty members such as a willingness to be involved in community activities and active participation in college committee work, student activities and other support services, and liaison with appropriate civic professional groups.
NOTE: This is a long-term temporary, non-tenure track position only and will terminate after graduation exercises in June 2020. There is no guarantee that this position will be funded after June 2020. Being offered and accepting this long-term temporary position in no way implies that an interview will be granted for any subsequent full-time positions, nor does it imply any "inside track" to such a position.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District can be reached at 3801 Market Street Riverside, CA 92508. Telephone Number: (951) 222-8595.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Optional Applicant Documents:
Effective Employment Date:
Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
An application will not be considered complete unless all Required Documents are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
Letters of reference must be non-confidential and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit:
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency