Purpose, Scope & Dimension of Job:
This job exists to provide technical support services necessary for the successful delivery of instruction in all of the Technology labs. The job requires expertise in a large variety of areas such as; electrical, machining, welding/fabrication, construction of teaching aides, rigging and millwright work. These skills help support Industrial Technology labs in the RTC, and the Livingston County M-TEC as it relates to the programs within Technology Division. This support specialist must have working knowledge in a large variety of areas such as: electrical, machining, Computer Numerical Control (CNC), welding/fabrication, building and construction technology, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), rigging, millwright, and advanced manufacturing (fluid power, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), pumps, motor controls). Guides students in manufacturing/industrial skills training practice. Offers training to faculty and students, as needed, in laboratory equipment usage. This position is responsible for the safe use and appropriate storage and disposal of chemicals and other hazardous materials.
Supervises one to two student lab aides.
1. Associate's Degree or Skilled Trade Certificate plus two years of applicable work experience in directly related field.
2. Experience in welding, fabrication, machining, CNC, electrical and/or rigging.
3. Ability to adapt to the changes in specialized equipment.
4. Must have the ability to work successfully in high stress environment, handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
5. Ability to work with difficult people with tact and diplomacy.
6. Must have the ability to work independently and have strong decision making skills as there is minimal supervision for this position.
7. This position is very active and physically strenuous.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
1. Additional experience beyond the two years working in a manufacturing, industrial or educational environment.
2. Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG), Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG), and Stick Welding experience.
3. Repair, construct, refinish, and paint.
4. Commercial Driver's License.
5. Fork Lift Certification.
6. Experience in machine building.
7. Ability to operate and/or use the following equipment: Miller & Fronius welders, Bridgeport type mill, surface grinder, lathe, drill press, cutoff saw, PC 55 Mill trainer, band saw, miter saw, table saw, construction trainers, Amatrol trainers(electric motors, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Pump Systems, Pneumatics, Hydraulics), and Oxy-Acetylene torches.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency