This ad is expired.
Supervisor, Emergency Department Clerical Services
Job Opening ID: 172674
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: CW Children's Emergency Svc
Posting Begin/End Date: 5/20/2019 6/07/2019
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Administration
Assist the Emergency Department (ED) Clerical Manager in the planning and management of clerical support services of the Adult and Children's Emergency Services. Provide leadership that promotes high level performance consistent with our focus on continuously improving the quality and efficiency of patient care and optimizing the patient care experience. The Michigan Medicine Classification for this position is Clerical Supervisor Senior.
- Serve as key decision maker for candidate interviews and selection to fill open ED clerical positions
- Coordinate, assign and supervise the work of ED Clerks
- Counsel, coach, discipline, and evaluate ED Clerks
- Ensure operational efficiency and budgetary compliance with staffing and scheduling practices
- Partner with ED Clerical Manager in the development, implementation and revision of individual performance plans and professional advancement
- Conduct Clerk performance evaluation at designated intervals
- Participate with ED Clerical Manager in the development, implementation and revision of orientation plans and processes for ED Clerks, including selection and training of preceptors
- Identify need for and facilitate design and implementation of in-service training programs for new and existing clerical staff. In partnership with ED Education Coordinator and ED Clerical Manager, ensure compliance with required competency and mandatory education
- Facilitate open channels of communication with diverse professional team
- Role model effective high level customer service, demonstrating ED Service Excellence commitments in daily work
- Promote staff involvement in department quality improvement/lean initiatives
- Resolve day-to-day operational problems and employee issues as they arise
- Assist in the orientation of faculty and staff to ED clerical operations
- Support ED Clerical Manager in ensuring efficient operations of department business machines and communication devices
- Ensure appropriate levels of forms and other supplies required for efficient clinical and clerical operations. Liaison with vendor providing these supplies as needed. Revise and recommend changes to ED forms inventory
- Collaborate with the ED Clerical Manager in the development and implementation of new and revised policies, procedures and methods
- Participate in ED teams as delegated by ED Clerical Manager
- Represent the ED to other departments and outside agencies as delegated
- Provide leadership and supervision for clerical team and overall department support working primarily on the evening shift
- Maintain competency in all clerical roles and work assignments
- Support and facilitate ED Service Excellence initiatives
- Participate in activities to promote own continued learning and professional growth. Attend appropriate continuing education offerings and staff development programs, review literature, and collaborate with peers and other professionals
- Develop performance plan consistent with goals of Michigan Medicine. Evaluate own performance periodically with ED Clerical Manager
The ED Clerical Supervisor reports directly to the ED Clerical Manager. Independent judgment and discretion in the execution of responsibilities is exercised.
Administrative supervision is exercised over ED Patient Services Associates. Functional supervision is exercised over ED Patient Services Associate Intermediate and Senior.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Health Care Administration or other related field
- Minimum of one year of formal supervisory experience that includes interacting with staff in creating work schedules, preparing job performance appraisals, providing on-the-job support and training for new employees and maintaining department records
- Demonstrated effective leadership ability
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution, coaching and mentoring, performance management
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate in a manner that fosters teambuilding with all levels of staff and management, both internal and external to the department
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
- Demonstrated organizational skills, decision-making and problem solving skills, managing multiple tasks, projects, and critical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to promote professional working relationships
- Three years formal supervisory experience in a clinical setting
- Experience with Quality improvement/Lean initiatives
- Working knowledge of University policies, rules and regulations
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/172674/supervisor_emergency_department_clerical_services
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency