This ad is expired.
Summer Service Learning Program Administration, Lead Coordinator
The University of Notre Dame (ND.jobs) is accepting applications for a Summer Service Learning Program Administration, Lead Coordinator.
Applications will be accepted until 8/14/2017.
The lead coordinator position provides administrative support across all dimensions of the Summer Service Learning Program, which is a three credit theology course that includes an 8-week summer domestic immersion. The position requires a high level of attention to detail, excellent communication skills with diverse constituents, and sensitivity in dealing with confidential information regarding donors and students. The lead coordinator manages data for over 200 students, over 100 Notre Dame Clubs, and more than 150 site partners; tracking of scholarship donations and payments; and event/conference planning. Other duties as assigned.
Summer Service Learning Program Administration:
- Assist SSLP Director and two Assistant Directors.
- Triage communication to the SSLP@nd.edu email account and respond to general program inquiries. Assist with preparing, sending, and reviewing communication and evaluations from students, sites, Notre Dame Clubs, donors, host families, and parents before, during, and after the immersion.
- Assist with Application, Placement, and Contract Signing processes which includes but not limited to the following tasks: printing and prescreening applicants, running weekly placement process updates; printing site contact sheets, meeting with students, collecting student health insurance information; organizing wide range of Google sheets that track student information; initiating and tracking background checks, organizing and tracking driver safety training, background check process, and Safe Environment Training for specific SSLP sites; verifying host families are not listed on National Sex Offender Registry.
- Perform course related tasks such as student registration and working with other departments. Prepare materials for pre-immersion formation sessions, follow-up sessions, and other events throughout the year, including reserving rooms for classes and meetings.
- Maintain the database for the program. Create queries for tracking yearly statistics. Update and maintain appropriate portions of the program's website.
- Oversee the logistical arrangements for a biannual conference, the annual Andrews dinner, the annual SSLP booklet, and other special events.
SSLP Budgetary Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the program director and assistant program directors, assist in the preparation of payment requisitions and travel reimbursements, processing contributions and acknowledgments from donors and Notre Dame Clubs, and communicate with Financial Aid regarding students' eligibility for the SSLP scholarship and assist with travel assistant process as needed. QuickBooks knowledge essential.
Supervise student assistants:
- Coordinate, hire and supervise two undergraduate student assistants in areas of application processing, database management, and clerical tasks.
- Participate in Center-wide personnel meetings and gatherings including committee work, special projects collaboration, work on hospitality events, and assist program director with committee work. Other duties as assigned.
A preferred candidate has been identified for this position
High School diploma or GED required.
A minimum of 1 year of experience with spreadsheets and bookkeeping is essential. Must have PC computer experience with Google Mail, Google Docs, Word, Excel, and Access in a network environment. Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to work efficiently is essential. Must have the ability to work well under pressure and to meet on-going deadlines with several projects overlapping at one time. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with diverse groups of people and changing circumstances. Excellent written and oral communication skills, including spelling and grammar, are essential. Strong interpersonal skills and note-taking skills are required. An understanding, appreciation, and enthusiasm for the mission of the Center for Social Concerns are essential.
A bachelors degree is preferred. Experience with Quickbooks is a plus.
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and others that will enhance our community. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs to Job # S17732. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency