Job Opening ID: 173849
Work Location: Ann Arbor Campus
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: Medical School
Department: Ophthalmology & Visual Science
Posting Begin/End Date: 6/11/2019 6/25/2019
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Ophthalmology / Visual Sciences
The Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences at the University of Michigan Medical School is seeking a biostatistician to serve as a key member of their staff supporting the statistical needs of the Department's faculty. The primary research interests of the faculty to whom the biostatistician will report include clinical epidemiological and health services research, specifically focused on work with electronic health record data and natural language processing.
- Provide support for faculty in the areas of statistical analysis and data management using the following software packages: SAS, SPSS, Stata, and R may be used).
- Support ongoing research projects.
- Advise on the use of statistical software and appropriate choice of statistical methodology
- Act as the primary statistical consultant / statistician on federally funded grants.
- Aid faculty with the statistical aspects of proposal preparation
- Bachelor degree in field related to statistics or epidemiology.
- 1-3 years of professional experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Experience using R, SAS, or STATA software
- Experience with Python
- Experience with natural language processing
- Strong background / interest in research design and statistical computing
- A willingness to learn as well as gain / increase expertise in the use of qualitative analysis software
- Teaching experience
- Experience working on operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and Macintosh
This is a 1 year term-limited appointment with opportunity for extension should funding allow. At the end of the stated term, the appointment will terminate and will not be eligible for Reduction in Force (RIF) benefits.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/173849/statistician_intermediate
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency