Scientific Software Developer
(This is a grant-funded position.
Continuation is contingent upon grant funding.)
Chemistry Department, Rose Hill
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Develop and maintain ESCALATE software for processing experimental data
- Support research and development work by users of the ESCALATE software
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or relevant experience in a related quantitative field
- Experience in Python, SQL, and database development is essential
- Experience with PostgreSQL object-relational database and Django web framework development is highly desirable
- Experience with laboratory automation, cheminformatics, and applications of data science to experimental chemistry tasks is high desirable
- Experience with U.S. Department of Energy research information security best practices is highly desirable
- Knowledge about halide perovskite synthesis and/or liquid-liquid and solid-liquid separation is highly desirable
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: 01/01/2021
SEND LETTER AND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency