Salesforce Marketing Cloud Business Analyst
About the Opportunity
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) Business Analyst is a hybrid business and technical consultant that works alongside Advancement functional users and other external partners as determined by the Executive Director of Advancement Technology to implement and utilize the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. They will also serve as a liaison between Advancement functional users and the Advancement Technology Data Architect and recommend solutions where appropriate. They will collaborate with the Salesforce and Marketing Cloud Administrator and the Advancement Technology Coordinator.
The role also works with new and existing end-users to document business processes and requirements, inform enhancement activities, advise on system integrations, lead unit testing and other business analysis functions. The position works under limited supervision and operates as a team, project, and end-user lead, providing procedural and technical guidance to the team and Advancement functional users and serving as the escalation point for resolving production and development issues.
This role is eligible for remote work.
- Serve as subject matter expert for existing and new Marketing Cloud clients at the University, including providing best practices for content builder, data extensions, dynamic content, email studio and journey builder.
- Perform analysis and provide implementation recommendations based on business requirements.
- Provide guidance/coaching/training for Advancement functional users on system configuration, functionality and enhancements as released by Marketing Cloud.
- Work with Advancement functional users to analyze business requirements and provide recommendations for enhanced Marketing Cloud functionality.
- Perform Marketing Cloud administration activities to support the day-to-day operations of the system.
- Coordinate and lead SFDC New User Training for Advancement functional users.
- Bachelor's Degree required (Marketing, Business, Computer Science, or related field preferred)
- 3 years marketing and digital analytics experience (Higher Ed or Advancement background is preferred)
- 2 years Salesforce CRM and/or Marketing Cloud experience
- Familiarity with system integrations is preferred
- Salesforce Certification
- Marketing Cloud Administrator Certification
- Familiarity with data warehousing and reporting is preferred
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Confident and professional presentation skills for training
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Lead Advancement functional users and others in business process analysis and requirements gathering to align implementation solutions with short and long-term business strategies.
- Document business requirements and create functional specifications to be utilized when implementing a new client to the SFMC platform.
- Lead Advancement functional user training and development for Salesforce.com and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Provide technical support and coaching for end users.
- Educate clients and peers on feature enhancements and make recommendations for improvements to business processes to best leverage technology.
Assist and collaborate with the Advancement Technology team in providing Salesforce.com and Marketing Cloud help desk and business analysis support to approximately 225 users in University Advancement and other business units as necessary.
- Provide assistance to Marketing Cloud users on daily questions, understanding when to collaborate with colleagues to obtain proper results
- Recognize opportunities or training gaps and initiate actions to capitalize on them by looking for new or productive ways to make an impact
- Compile report requests and specs from Marketing Cloud customers. Collaborate with manager or other colleagues to provide guidance on pulling successful and accurate reports and metrics in Marketing Cloud
- Proactively maintain and continuously update examples of report scenarios and best practices for future reference by our users.
Maintain quality assurance for data entered into Marketing Cloud
- Run queries daily, weekly or monthly to determine the quality of the data entered into the system by users
- Consistently proof or audit uploads managed by Data Administration team
- Proactively suggest and create new queries/audit reports are needed and develop these queries to ensure data integrity
- Identify possible solutions to data entry issues and identify training gaps, determine how to resolve those gaps.
Assist in setting up appropriate security for functional users in Marketing Cloud, testing new functionality, data cleanup, and other duties as necessary
- Determine appropriate role based security and implement for functional users
- Work in the Marketing Cloud test environment to test new functionality and document the results
- Identify and perform data cleanup tasks.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Salesforce-Marketing-Cloud-Business-Analyst_R109349
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency