STAFF NURSE-TEMP (Central Staffing Resources, Pediatric Acute Care Cluster)
Job Opening ID: 178827
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Ann Arbor, MI
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: CW CSR Peds
Posting Begin/End Date: 9/27/2019 3/29/2020
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Nursing- All Nursing
Nursing- Central Staffing Resources
Temporary Job Opening
This job opening is for a Temporary Float RN position within the Central Staffing Resource Department (CSR). The specific Cluster is the Pediatric Acute Care. This cluster services the following units:7 East: Pediatric Cancer Unit11-West, Pediatric Michigan Congenital Heart Unit12 East, Pediatric Medical/Surgical Unit12 West, Pediatric Medical/Surgical Unit**NEW BASE RATE & SHIFT DIFFERENTIALS FOR CSR STAFF NURSE TEMPS**
Wage: $45.00/hr base rateEvening Shift Differential is $5.00 per hour for 3p-7p and $4.00 per hour for 7p-11pNight Shift Differential is 3.00 per hourWeekend Differential is $5.00 per hour
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Provide nursing care to a variety of patients, across a wide range of Pediatric Medical and Surgical Specialties ages infant to young adult. Pediatric Medical and Surgical Specialties include: Hematology, Oncology, Cardiology, Thoracic Surgery, Trauma, Nephrology, Orthopedic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Rehabilitation, Pulmonary, Infectious Disease, Liver Transplant, Genetics, Otolaryngology, and Plastic Surgery. Family centered care is provided through collaboration with health care team members.
This posting replaces 3 positions from #170151
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
* Please note that these positions do not qualify for UMHS benefits and specific terms and conditions of employment are negotiated at the department level. These positions are not covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Two (2) or more years recent RN experience in the specialty of Pediatrics.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants): You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- BSN preferred
- Broad range of Pediatric experience
- Experience as a float RN
- Demonstrated flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary health care team.
- Demonstrated positive verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated positive attitude
- Demonstrated team player skills
- Demonstrated accountability and dependability.
- Demonstrates expertise in communication and problem solving skills within all levels of the health care team, as evidenced by interviews, documentation, writing skills, and references.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere utilizing effective delegation skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates accountability/dependability as evidenced by completion of mandatories and unit based competencies within an established time frame.
- Experience floating to multiple units -Knowledge of the University of Michigan Hospital nursing policies and practice.
- Demonstrates participation in continuous quality improvement process with documented results.
- Experience with family centered care philosophy
- Takes initiative in seeking professional growth.
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office and Groupwise
*Commitment is 36 hours per 4 week scheduling block*12 hr shifts are available, based on the cluster staffing needsLocation: Central Staffing Resource, Pediatric Acute Care cluster (FLOAT)Mott Children's Hospital
TEMPORARY FLOAT NURSE GUIDELINES1). All CSR employees are required to attend an annual educational Blitz to complete required UM mandatories and compentencies (BCLS every 2 yrs, Cardiac Arrest and maintain all other applicable certifications)2). Temporary Float Nurses are expected to work all shifts requested unless no work is available. It is the intention that all Temps will float to all units within the cluster speciality. 3). A Temporary Nurse should work 36 hours per 4 week schedule block. 4.) Temporary Nurses in the CSR Clusters are NOT required to work weekends or holidays.5). Temporary Nurses will participate in a streamlined, onboarding/orientation program. However, the progression of orientation will be dependent upon clinical competency, staffing needs of the individual units, and the number of hours worked by the Temporary RN.
This temporary position may meet eligibility requirements for health care benefits.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/178827/staff_nurse-temp_central_staffing_resources_pediatric_acute_care_cluster
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency