Refrigeration Engineer (Licensed)
Facilities Operations, Lincoln Center
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
The Refrigeration Engineer operates physical plant equipment and preforms repairs on all building systems.
- Operates and maintains HVAC central plant equipment, including chillers, absorbers, diesel generators, low-pressure boilers, and associated equipment.
- Stands watch mechanic tour monitoring engineering plant, maintains required logs. Monitors pressure, temperatures, and other equipment parameters; performs preventative maintenance and repair on HVAC systems and associated equipment. Answer all general repair service calls for campus.
- Monitors, troubleshoots, and maintains control system, including pneumatic, Direct Digital Control and hybrid system. Makes changes and monitors building management computer system.
- Repairs and maintains other mechanical and physical plant systems, including motors, pumps, valves, steam operated equipment, air fillers, belts, and other related plant equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including general maintenance and repair campus wide.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid and active NYC Refrigeration System Operator's License and EPA CFC Certification required.
- NYC Sprinkler and Standpipe and Fire Alarm Certificate required or must complete within six (6) months of hiring
- Minimum five (5) years in AC and refrigeration repair and service, and a knowledge of digital and pneumatic controls
- Ability to follow written instructions (work orders), read assembly schematics with an emphasis on learning equipment repairs
- Must know how to use hand and power tools, gauges, refrigeration recovery equipment, computers, ladders and other tools and equipment typical to this position
- Valid Driver's License necessary.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Sunday – Thursday
11:00 pm to 7:30 am
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER AND RESUME TO: Lcfacilities@fordham.edu
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency