Program Manager, Public Safety Training Programs (COF)
Kern Community College District
Salary: $68,305.10 - $89,622.22 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: FY21-22-00572
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Department: Public Safety Training
Under direction of the Programs Director or assigned supervisor, the Program Manager is responsible for managing assigned program activities associated with maintaining quality academic and student services programs.
1. Manage the implementation of multiple project activities to meet or exceed assigned program(s) expectations.
2. Manage and monitor budgets to ensure compliance with regulations and/or directives from program agencies and cooperative educational partners.
3. Assist in preparation and administration of budget, control and authorize expenditures, approve invoices for payment, and respond to budget inquiries from college staff.
4. Supervise and coordinate department planning and operations; personnel supervision, including development and evaluation of all support staff.
5. Coordinate the release of project information and outreach activities to familiarize students with the services and programs of the college.
6. Develop and implement methods to identify and serve students who meet project guidelines, assessing their needs and providing programming to address those needs.
7. Participate in meetings and conferences related to programs within the assigned area; disseminate information, coordinate projects and implement procedural changes; follow up on action items, and develop program reports as needed.
8. Market the College and assigned program(s) to the College community and the general public.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities
SALARY RANGE$ 68,305.63 - $ 89,622.22 annually Maximum Entry Level Salary: $71,763.05 annually
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONSFirst Review of Applications: Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by January 27, 2022 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of five (5) professional references - Listed on application form
It is the applicant's responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line application.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements. EEO Plan 2021-2024
Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices. Discrimination Free Work Environment
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/kccd/jobs/3381626/program-manager-public-safety-training-programs-cof. Emails will not be accepted.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency