Program Aide - Student Accounts and Accounting
Job no: 494617
Position Type: Secretarial / Clerical
The Office of Student Accounts and Accounting
Program Aide - SG 13
Monday - Friday, 8:45 am to 5:15 pm
Starting Salary: $46,062
To be eligible for this position, you must meet the minimum qualifications listed below.
Position will work as a collaborative and strong contributing member of the Student Accounts and Accounting team.
- Completes a variety of substantial and technical compliance and/or regulatory tasks, including those associated with the execution of all aspects of New York State- and federally-mandated Vocational Rehabilitation, Veteran, ROTC, Army, Navy, and other military scholarship and grant programs; and maintains compliance with related state and federal regulations.
- Determines relevant military aid awards (Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation and Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill) as they relate to SUNY System Administration Federal Single Audit Request.
- Implements and maintains federal military invoicing system.
- Executes, analyses and reconciles duplicative federal military benefits as they relate to New York State financial aid programs.
- Acts as liaison between the College and relevant external agencies, including various military agencies.
- Manages compliance surrounding New York State and SUNY-mandated records retention program.
- Completes tasks associated with New York State-mandated Abandoned Property regulations.
- Conducts IRS-mandated social security number solicitation and updates processes.
- Processes IRS-mandated identification and federal reporting of cash payments greater than $10,000.
- Disburses, draws and eturns for federal TEACH funding in program-compliant manner.
- Coordinates the collection of delinquent student account monies in compliance with federal and New York State collection law.
- Serves as system administrator for external collection agency software.
- Counsels students regarding their financial obligations/options, accept/process student account payments by cash, personal check, credit cards and electronic means, and receive and receipt miscellaneous payments including departmental deposits.
- Reviews, interprets and tests information listed on (BANNER) student account, and communicates that information to students and families in a professional and courteous manner.
- Accurately interprets policies of the office, the College, NYS and the federal government and enforces those policies at all times.
- Adheres to and supports all departmental and College policies.Staffs the department's service counter: manages the department email account and phone system; provides courteous, professional and accurate assistance to all internal and external customers.
- Maintains and reconciles cash drawer at the beginning and end of each workday.
- Accepts and accurately processes payments via cash, check, credit card or electronic means, and receives/receipts miscellaneous payments including departmental deposits. Analysis of payment distribution can be complex.
- Calculates and issues change.
- Negotiates student loan checks, and administers financial aid awards.
- Serves as back up to all Student Accounts & Accounting Grade 9 positions.
- Understands and maintains compliance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) regulations.
- Understands and maintains compliance with federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Understands and maintains compliance with federal Title IV financial aid regulations.
- Interprets policies of the office, the College, NYS and the federal government; upholds and enforces those policies at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive customer fiscal and personal data.
- Maintains positive and accurate communications with internal constituents and outside entities. Processes cashier-related documentation (e.g., receipts), executes follow-up as appropriate, communicates billing, payments, and processes financial information via the Ellucian Banner, Nelnet/QuikPAY and HESC systems.
- Works with the Office of International Education - applies deferments as appropriate, assists with billing and payment collection and applications for students participating in Study Abroad, Washington Program, and other programs.
- Executes all aspects of VESID billing and payment processes, which includes voucher maintenance, VESID office communications and correspondence, and responds to student/external questions in a professional manner.
- Performs student account refund processes: direct deposit refunds and advance deposit forfeitures.
- Calculates and executes various Tuition Waiver programs.
- Serves as initial point of resolution for escalated Excelsior Scholarship Issues.
- Executes Federal Perkins Loan disbursement processes, including eturns".
- Executes Federal Nursing Loan(s) disbursement processes, including eturns.
- Serves as Initial Intake and advises for NYS Tuition Residency applications.
- Executes Financial Aid Loan declination processes.
- Advises and processes Study Abroad program advance deposits.
- Processes emergency loans and reconciles accounts.
- Updates and maintains the department web pages.
- Performs all tasks associated with opening and closing the office.
- Analyzes payments associated with delinquent accounts, including reconciliation of NYS Tax Offset payments.
- Documents OSAA operational processes using (OSAA) procedural templates; customizes designs as appropriate to fit procedures.
- Responds to emails delivered via the departmental email account.
Candidates must have permanent appointment in a Program Aide classified position (or be eligible for transfer) or be reachable for appointment on the current NY State Civil Service canvass list for Program Aide - Brockport location, full-time.
How to apply:
Please submit your application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references, one being a current supervisor, at jobs.brockport.edu by April 10, 2020.
New York State Executive Order 161
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Diversity Statement
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College's commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.brockport.edu/cw/en-us/job/494617/program-aide-student-accounts-and-accounting
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency