Physical Therapist - MedSport Sports Medicine - Brighton Center for Specialty Care
Job Opening ID: 183065
Work Location: Brighton Center Specialty Care
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: BCSC CMC Therapy
Posting Begin/End Date: 1/14/2020 1/28/2020
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Patient Care Services
Physical / Occupational Therapy
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The 2-story facility opened in 2018 and is located at 7500 Challis Rd. Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why join the BCSC Physical Therapy Team?
We work closely with patients to create a personalized therapy program that will maximize the highest level of function with the best possible outcome. As a Sports Physical Therapist, you will evaluate and treat pediatric to geriatric patients with orthopaedic extremity injuries and sports-related injuries. In this high-volume sports medicine setting you will effectively plan, implement, evaluate and modify treatment. You will work collaboratively with a team of Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, PT Assistants, and other health care professionals to determine the best clinical approach for treatment. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to conduct special projects/in-services and participate in training and teaching of physical therapy/athletic training students.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- State of the art technology and equipment
- Opportunities to conduct research
- Supervising and preceptorship opportunities
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- You will instruct patients in use of prescribed equipment and home exercise programs.
- You will feel confident in developing individualized treatment plans based on the patient's functional goals
- You'll effectively interpret referrals and ensure necessary precautions are identified so that appropriate physical therapy evaluation and treatment is provided
- You will monitor patients throughout the provision of treatment and respond to changes in the patient's status
- You will provide instructions for patients and their families in-home treatment programs
- Bachelor's Degree or Post Baccalaureate Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited physical therapy program
- Completion of an accredited PT program and clinical internship is necessary
- Physical Therapy license or eligible for license in the State of Michigan
- 1-3 years of sports medicine rehabilitation experience with orthopaedic conditions and injuries and conditions, postoperative patient care along with strong manual skills
- Special interest in: running injuries, throwing athletes, golf fitness, gymnastics/dance/performing arts
Hours/Week: 40 hours/week
CMC Therapy Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00AM to 7:00PM. Actual work schedule to be determined by Supervisor.
Brighton Center for Specialty Care will be the primary work site.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/183065/physical_therapist_-_medsport_sports_medicine_-_brighton_center_for_specialty_care
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency