Part-Time Education Center Manager
Posting Number: 0000900
PS Position#: 00001551
Position Status: Part-Time
Department: Liberty Center
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Serve as the Lee College representative in the local community, and lead and supervise the functions and operations of the Education Center.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direct supervision for the Education Center based building services, evening operations coordinator(s) and administrative office staff. Supervision includes hiring, assigning duties, coaching, training, evaluating and disciplining. Interact and collaborate with police, maintenance, and contract custodial, food and vending services.
- Assist students with the enrollment process.
- Serve as liaison to internal and external individuals and groups. Collaborate with community leaders to establish and maintain the Education Center as an involved community partner with advisory groups, school districts, chambers of commerce, economic developers and other community members.
- Coordinate room schedule for academic, workforce and Community Education classes, as well as community use.
- Serve as liaison to, and regularly communicate with, faculty, staff, students and community members regarding College policies, procedures and processes. Resolve and refer center related concerns/complaints to the appropriate offices.
- Approve, process and coordinate requests for use of college facilities for campus events by internal and external groups.
- Coordinate event schedules and details with campus police, maintenance, building attendants, marketing services and community members as needed.
- Organize and schedule on-site services provided by maintenance and internal/external customers.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor on-campus maintenance, renovation and construction projects in collaboration with maintenance and the Physical Plant Department.
- Develop and monitor center's budget; approve expenditures and prepare reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelors degree
- At least four (4) years of related supervisory experience
- Ability to successfully plan, schedule and coordinate multiple activities with attention to detail
- Effective communication skills; both oral and written
- Effective leadership and public relations skills
- Ability to communicate and work collaboratively with internal and external entities
- Demonstrate skill in a variety of spreadsheet, work-processing, database and email software
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends when needed
- The ability to work day or night shifts
- Masters degree
- Related work experience in an educational setting
- Bilingual Ability to read, write and speak both English and Spanish
Campus/Location: Liberty Center - Liberty, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college credit courses. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5752
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency