This ad is expired.
Part-Time Counselor, Mental Health Services
Posting Number: 0000974
Position Status: Part-Time
Salary: $30.00 per hour
Department: Mental Health Counseling
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position provides short-term services to aid students in coping with obstacles such as depression, anxiety, stress, low self-esteem, and other issues that might otherwise interfere with educational and personal development. This position may also suggest referrals to other community and college resources if appropriate. All services are confidential.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct short-term, brief individual and group counseling sessions with current students.
- Provide consultation services regarding mental health issues for students, faculty, and staff.
- Assist in the development and implementation of education and prevention programs around issues of health and well-being in order to create campus-wide awareness.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide confidential support for students reporting Title IX violations on campus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. The work schedule is not to exceed 19.5 hours/week. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Masters (or higher) degree in Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Social Work, or a related field
- Current license from the Texas State Board of Examiners such as Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Two (2) years of counseling related experience in a mental health setting
- Knowledge of psychological crisis intervention and management
- Experience in managing mental health awareness and prevention education
- Demonstrated experience in outreach, consultation, and mental health crisis management
- Experience working at a counseling center in higher education with demonstrated competence in working with a diverse student population
- Perform other duties as assigned
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6208
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency