Multimedia Production Coordinator
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Multimedia Production Coordinator
The University of San Francisco's Office of Marketing Communications (OMC) provides centralized marketing and communications services to the USF community and in support of the university overall. OMC provides in-house full-service marketing capabilities ranging from creative services to multimedia integrated relationships, with a seven-figure annual advertising spend. In partnership with departments, divisions, and the schools and college (OMC's partners'), this work communicates with varied audiences, including prospective students, alumni, and the business community via the university's website (usfca.edu), social media channels, alumni magazine, and other outlets and platforms. Our advertising efforts are critical towards generating that traffic.
University of San Francisco's vision, mission, and values (https://myusf.usfca.edu/president/chancellor/vision-mission-and-values-statement) animates all aspects of university life and work. USF celebrates diversity in all its forms - through inclusive dialogues, interpersonal experiences, and intercultural appreciation - in support of a thriving campus climate and inclusive excellence.
The Multimedia Production Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the development and creation of a wide range of high-quality visual content for the university's website, social media, magazine, print projects, and other channels. In addition to maintaining production schedules, the project coordinator also handles a variety of tasks that ensure productions run smoothly and the unit supports the goals of the division and the university. This important role aids the Office of Marketing Communications (OMC) in its commitment to provide internal creative services of effective, compelling, agency-quality marketing communications university-wide.
The Multimedia Production Coordinator will report to the Creative Director, partner with the Senior Producer, and serve alongside other creative professionals as a member of the Creative Team with OMC. They will also collaborate with other OMC colleagues, interact with USF partners as needed and mentor student interns.
The ideal candidate will have professional experience in multimedia production coordination, project management, proactive, professional and clear communication, and a keen attention to detail and organization.
Full Job Description:
- Coordination and Communication:
- Manage calendars and schedule all multimedia assignments. Proactively communicate with creative director, senior producer, design manager, and all project partners to ensure project clarity, needs assessments, timelines, estimate, status updates, notes, documents are properly logged, shared, and/or expressed
- Support the multimedia unit and relative projects in securing locations, appearance releases, scouting, subject coordination and communications, other logistics as needed and create and maintain estimate, budgets and expenses for all production assignments
- Continually review resources, schedules, and assignments to ensure that the workload is sustainably and successfully maintained
- Participate in short- and long-term planning aligned with goals set by creative director and division leadership
- Collaboration and Implementation:
- Serve as an advisor and collaborator with the creative director, senior producer, design manager, and all project partners to ensure all work meets the needs, quality, and standards of the university and division.
- Follow creative direction and translate information provided within creative briefs into well-organized productions and projects.
- Collaborate with OMC colleagues and university partners including participating in creative concept development and brainstorming for university-wide visual content
- Collaborate with university social media partners as needed to extend USF's storytelling capabilities and reach to our target audiences.
- Systems, Support, and Best Practices:
- Serve as support in the maintenance of USF's multimedia library, WIDEN, which could include but is not limited to, helping with captioning, tagging, title/description, creating, maintain, and sharing portals.
- Partner with senior producer and creative director to assure the integrity, inventory, and maintenance of university photography, videography, and related equipment.
- Partner with senior producer and creative director to advise OMC managers on acquisition of multimedia equipment, including software. Keep equipment updated, catalogued and maintained/cleaned/ready for use.
- Keep abreast of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and implementing strategies, workflows, and protocols as necessary to comply with accessibility regulations as it applies to videography and other multimedia assets.
- Keep abreast of new production executions, developments, best practices, and technology in the multimedia field as well as trends in visual storytelling especially within higher education.
- Train and mentor student employees and interns and assure the quality of their work.
- Represent the university with professionalism in alignment with the university's mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
Understanding and alignment with USF's mission and values. A consistent and obvious service orientation. The ability to thrive within a university environment.
Bachelor's degree in film, communications, marketing, management or related field
A minimum of 2 years of professional experience, including previous experience as a production coordinator or production assistant
Demonstrated record of coordinating agency-quality work with proven examples
Familiarity with all aspects of production to facilitate effective communication, planning, and completion of projects
Substantial experience managing multiple projects with tight deadlines. Ability to troubleshoot, solve problems, and improve procedures with limited supervision.
Highly-organized with a strong record of working independently, meeting deadlines and attention to detail.
Strong interpersonal skills and a record of collaboration and teamwork.
- Be a well-organized, skilled multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment and attending to timely deliverables.
- Be able to perform duties independently and/or in concert with fellow teammates depending on the assignments
- Efficiently, effectively, and collegially work with all departments that contribute to production of quality pieces that are on-brand and mission-driven
Excellent and professional written and spoken communications
Capable of meeting deadlines and working with daily time constraints
Ability to complete multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment
Superb organizational and time management skills
Talent for anticipating needs of unit
Professional judgment for handling confidential information
Proficient experience using the Adobe Creative Suite products with emphasis on Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Lightroom, and Photoshop.
Adept at general administrative tasks such as budgeting, data entry, and word processing
Must be comfortable working and communicating in an academic environment with students, faculty, staff, alumni, donors, and administration.
Ability to effectively mentor student workers and assure high quality work.
Evenings and weekends assignments are required as needed. There are several points within the academic calendar that require longer hours or weekend assignments.
Some out-of-town travel is required.
Proven experience at media production companies and/or television stations are preferred
Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated cross-platform multimedia production planning and coordination experience in all areas of multimedia production: photography, videography, and motion graphics.
Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience in shooting and editing photography, video, and lighting.
- This is can be a physically demanding position. Able to lift 40lbs and stand for long periods of time.
Along with a cover letter and resume, submit either a link to an online portfolio or a PDF portfolio or a link with a variety of multimedia projects with clear indications of specific production coordination roles executed and achieved.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Multimedia-Production-Coordinator_R0004666.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency