Mechanic 3 (2 Positions Available)
Facilities Operations, Lincoln Center
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
The Mechanic 3 operates physical plant equipment and preforms repairs on all building systems.
- Repairs and maintains other mechanical and physical plant systems, including motors, pumps, valves, steam operated equipment, air filters, belts, and other plant related equipment.
- Performs general maintenance duties, including (but not limited to) campus service calls for plumbing, lighting, hardware, and other items typical to large university facilities.
- Assists in cleanliness and upkeep of engineering rooms as assigned.
- Inspects and repairs life safety systems and equipment as assigned.
- Operates and performs other related physical plant duties as assigned.
- Is on call-back for emergencies and watch coverage as needed.
- Works within high temperature hazards and typical boiler room plant hazards. Possibly hazardous when working with mechanical equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of three (3) years in general maintenance or construction
- One year of direct experience in either HVAC, plumbing, or electrical trades
- The candidate shall possess, or must obtain prior to completing their probationary period the following FDNY Certificates of Fitness. Additionally, other certificates of fitness may be required to meet the duties of the position. Certificates must be maintained throughout the course of employment.
- (F-01) City-wide Fire Guard for Impairment
- (F-60) Fire Guard for Torch Operations
- (G-60) Torch Use of Flammable Gases for Hot Work Operations
- Ability to follow written instructions (work orders), read assembly schematics with an emphasis on learning equipment repairs.
- Must know how to use and operate power tools, gauges, computers, ladders and other tools and equipment typical to this position.
- Valid Driver's License required
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Tuesday – Saturday
7:00 am to 3:30 pm
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER AND RESUME TO: Lcfacilities@fordham.edu
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency