Manager, Enrollment Business Services
Main Campus - Boston, MAMain Campus - Boston, MA
The Simmons Center for Enrollment Services is an integrated "One Stop" model for the delivery of Student Services related to financial matters, records and registration activities, student employment, and services for veteran and military affiliated students at Simmons University. The One Stop also comprises ancillary services including the distribution of MBTA passes and Student IDs.
The Enrollment Services Team plays a pivotal role in the delivery of services to our students (prospective and current) as well as their families. It is anticipated that through effective training and established escalation protocols the Enrollment Services team will be able to resolve 80% of the situations presented by students with whom they interact. The overall goal of the One Stop model is to assist individuals and resolve issues through a single point of contact. The Manager and Advisors will have a broad general knowledge of the processes and applicable procedures associated with all Student Business Services. This will include undergraduate and graduate, online and in person. The One Stop is the public facing doorway for all of the Student Business Service units within Enrollment Management and as such, an emphasis on exceptional student service is key.
Reporting to AVP of Enrollment Services and Financial Aid, the Manager is a member of the Student Services senior leadership team. This position will provide administrative and operational leadership to staff of advisors as well as oversight and management of the One Stop functions. This position will collaborate effectively with other Student Services personnel in the implementation and delivery of services in the One Stop for all students, families and the campus community.
The Manager is responsible for the ongoing coordination and oversight of enrollment service processes including; supervision of multiple professional-level staff, monitoring administrative and student traffic flow, and overseeing the delivery of student enrollment services in person, via the web and by phone. In consultation with the AVP of Enrollment Services and VP of Enrollment Management, the Manager of Enrollment Services is responsible for the evaluation of the university's enrollment processing system(s) through the applicable technology, check in systems, integrated data access for all student enrollment services system(s) and other applicable technologies. The Manager will work closely with IT to evaluate, identify and manage the infrastructure needs associated with the multifaceted needs of the Center for Enrollment Services. The Manager is responsible for training documentation and implementation, maintaining written policies and procedures used in the delivery of services through the One Stop Center, overseeing office communications, and engaging in strategic planning through the Enrollment Services Leadership Team. The Manager recommends, develops and implements policies and procedures responsive to key performance indicators in order to improve business processes.
- Work closely with other and enrollment management staff and systems to facilitate efficient and timely service delivery, accurate distribution of information, and exceptional student services;
- Monitor traffic trends to evaluate demand and provision of services across the One Stop service modalities and associate units;
- Schedule staff in response to student traffic trends and provide recommendations based upon analysis of the results for future staffing needs;
- Provide support to students, families and university staff regarding escalated above and beyond routine information and process issues;
- Review and authorize service level and student issue resolution plans;
- Maintains expert-level knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, regulations, rules, statutes and laws.Assists the University community in ongoing compliance efforts;
- Keep abreast of federal and state regulations and requirements to support compliance for One Stop services and related areas;
- Hire, train and supervise staff of advisors including providing effective feedback on individual performance and overall production goals;
- Supervise on a day-to-day basis the multiple professional-level staff who will assist the daily functions of the Center through their assignments within the unit;
- Manage the delivery of enrollment services using metrics and analysis of productivity;
- Manages ongoing staff development to ensure staff have the appropriate skills and training to perform their responsibilities effectively;
- In consultation with the IT and leadership team evaluate the University's technology systems which support enrollment service operations;
- Recommends and develops policies and procedures responsive to key performance indicators in order to improve overall business processes;
- Maintains written policies and procedures used in the Center, oversee office communications and engage in strategic planning;
- Collaboratively review and analyze data trends and provide strategic recommendations for continuous strategic improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (or equivalent), Master's Degree preferred;
- 5 years of related experience, including prior supervisory/management experience in a college/university setting.Call center management experience preferred;
- Demonstrated leadership and excellent decision making aligned with the University's priorities;
- Ability to encourage team members to perform their duties to achieve institutional priorities;
- Must possess qualities to inspire a team by; creating transparency in the decision making process when possible to achieve unit accountability for decisions, inspiring team members to meet and exceed established performance goals and objectives, identifying the strengths and development areas of each team member and inspiring them to do their best work in an effective and efficient manner;
- Strong cross-cultural interpersonal experience. Strong writing skills and public speaking skills are required for the individual to be able to represent the Center and the University in a positive way to diverse populations;
- Experience working in a multi-faceted university community, serving a diverse, traditional and non-traditional student population;
- Experience with relevant integrated IT systems/Educational based systems preferred (Workday, Slate, PowerFAIDs);
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) Bi-cultural preferred.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Manager--Enrollment-Business-Services_R08746
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.