University of Idaho
Lookout Restaurant Lead Server
Division/College: Auxiliary Services-MID
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $16.00 per hour or higher depending upon experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
At the University of Idaho Golf Course, the new Lookout Restaurant is hiring a Lead Server. Under direction of the Lookout Manager the Lead Server will be responsible for serving the restaurant patrons as well as serving patrons at the bar pick up window.
The Lead Server duties may include:
- Providing friendly, welcoming service to all guests.
- Verifying accurate orders.
- Executing start of day opening and/or end of day closing depending on shift.
- Training employees.
- Help with dishes and other general tasks for the restaurant.
- Back up to the supervisor when needed.
- Prep and maintain a clean workstation.
- Handle cash and credit card transactions.
- Serving Alcohol.
- Other duties as assigned.
Six months of work experience that includes:
- Customer service skills
- Leading other employees
- Previous serving or bartending experience is ideal
- Experience with operating a cash register
- A team-oriented mindset
- Good mathematical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work well in stressful situations
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Occasionally lift, carry and/or otherwise move up to 50 pounds
- Frequently bend, reach, twist, squat, kneel and move throughout shift
Occasionally lift, carry and/or otherwise move up to 50 pounds Frequently bend, reach, twist, squat, kneel and move throughout shift
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: SP004202P
Posting Date: 11/27/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
To receive first consideration, please submit a letter of qualification, current resume, and references (last 3 supervisors) no later than December 11, 2023.
In your letter of qualification, using details and examples, please address all of the required and preferred qualifications for this position and how your experience and skills align. The information provided in your letter of qualification will be used to determine eligibility for an interview and demonstrate your communications skills.
If you would like to see the full job description, please contact Christy Day at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency