Human Resources Generalist
FUNCTION AND SCOPE
The HR Generalist plays a pivotal role within a dynamic team, delivering comprehensive Human Resources support to approximately 150 employees across multiple locations in New York State. This role will provide hands-on support for all aspects of HR including coaching employees and supervisors on employee relations issues, classification and compensation, recruitment, benefits, leave of absence, compliance, and affirmative action reporting requirements. Working independently under the guidance of the Director of Human Resources, the HR Generalist will cultivate strong relationships and provide excellent customer service to Research Foundation employees and supervisors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide outstanding HR support throughout the employee life cycle, fostering trust and proactively addressing potential issues before escalation.
- Interpret and communicate policies, procedures, and programs, staying abreast of HR regulatory updates.
- Work with managers to determine appropriate position classification and compensation, ensuring internal and external equity.
- Coordinate the recruitment process, assisting supervisors in developing job descriptions, advertising, and search strategies, while promoting equitable candidate selection methods.
- Administer employee on-boarding, orientations, separation, and off-boarding activities.
- Administer benefits, coordinate annual open enrollment, and assist employees in understanding eligibility during a leave of absence, including FMLA, Disability, PFL, and workers compensation.
- Provide effective coaching and counseling to employees and supervisors, collaborating with the HR Director on employee relations issues.
- Administer the performance appraisal program and annual salary plan implementation.
- Coordinate and conduct training and professional development programs as needed.
- Work with an external vendor to develop the affirmative action plan, overseeing applicant tracking requirements for compliance.
- Work closely with the HR & Payroll Assistant on activities related to payroll processing.
- Work in a multi-functional team in an environment that fosters both teamwork and collaboration.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years related experience as a HR Generalist, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Proven ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize workflow efficiently.
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state employment regulations.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in HRIS and payroll software.
Compensation for this position: The compensation for this role is between $64,681 to $82,000. The pay will depend on a variety of factors that may include but are not limited to experience, education, training, and certifications.
To apply, visit http://rfsuny.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=170298
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency