This ad is expired.
Human Resource Representative - Service Center
This position's emphasis is to provide a one-stop HR service to employees, applicants, and annuitants who need assistance with their benefits, promotional opportunities, payroll, employment, etc. This position also assists with processing of all background checks and tuition waivers. The employee is expected to work with outside vendors to complete employment verifications. Reports directly to the Business Administrative Associate and provides support to other HR units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Opens and closes service center
Provide assistance for current employees and students for the Payroll and Compensation department in reference to W-4s, direct deposit, savings bonds, and time cards.
Provide assistance for the Employee Life Cycle Team for employment verifications, background checks, and background billing.
Provide assistance for the Insurance and Employee Benefits department for change of beneficiary forms and other general information forms on insurance benefits and SURS.
Process and coordinates all state tuition waivers
Minimum Required Qualifications:
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any combination totaling two years from the following categories:
a) two (2) years of progressively more responsible work experience performing duties comparable to those listed for the Human Resource Assistant classification
b) one (1) year of progressively more responsible work experience performing duties comparable to those listed for the Human Resource Assistant classification AND 60 semester hours of college course work in human resource administration, business administration, or a closely related field
c) 90 semester hours of college course work in human resource administration, business administration, or a closely related field
Education and Experience Preferred:
Customer Service experience
Attention to detail
Working Hours: M - F 8-4:30
Posting Date: 03/05/2021
Closing Date: 3/12/2021
Priority Review Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Fully complete the Education and Work History sections of the application. Be specific on your entire work history, including employment dates and duties for all positions held. Applicable part-time work experience will be considered toward qualifying for this position, however, it will be converted to a full-time equivalency to determine combined length of experience.
- If you have education and/or training in excess of what is required, we encourage you to upload your unofficial transcripts.
- After the posting has closed, your submission will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the classification, including any specialty factors associated with this particular position.
- Please monitor your e-mail for further information regarding your application. Emails will be generated from email@example.com and CivilServiceTesting@niu.edu. Please add these emails to your address book to ensure timely delivery of any future communication.
- We STRONGLY recommend that contact information used in your online profile be personal use, not professional/work information: personal email address, home address, and phone numbers. The information you provide is used to make contact on search updates, department referrals and interviews, etc. We must be able to relay sensitive and important information in a way that protects your privacy concerning job search activity, now and in the future.
- ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE SCHEDULED TO COME TO THE NIU DEKALB CAMPUS TO TAKE A STATE UNIVERSITIES CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION. At the time of testing, you will be required to present a photo ID. NOTE: If you have previously tested for this classification and wish to rewrite the exam to improve your score and register position, please contact the Civil Service Testing Office by the posting deadline.
- Required documentation noted in the posting such as drivers license, licensures, or certifications MUST be presented at the time of examination.
- If eligible for Veterans Preference Points, DD214/DD215/NGB22/DD256 paperwork reflecting an Honorable Discharge MUST be uploaded to this application in order to receive the maximum eligible points on the Civil Service examination.
- After testing of all qualified applicants has been completed for this position, the names with the top three scores will be referred to the hiring department for interview.
- Click on Human Resource Representative for more information including salary ranges, typical duties, minimum acceptable qualifications, and testing requirements.
- Please click Human Resource Services Benefits for detailed information about Northern Illinois Universitys benefits package.
- Employment is contingent upon your passing a criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
To apply, visit https://employment.niu.edu/postings/55723
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Ethics and Compliance Officer, Title IX Coordinator
Health Services 230
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency