Kern Community College District
Position Number: 02465
Posting Date: 08/07/2018
Initial Screening Date: 08/28/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $2,550.07
Maximum Salary: $3,603.19 (Maximum entry $2,550.07 per month)
Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance coverage; long-term disability insurance, and an employee assistance program (EAP).
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
Supplemental Voluntary Life Insurance
403b Tax Shelter Annuity
All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date. Employees are covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and are vested 100% after five years of full time service.
College/Site: Cerro Coso College
Location: CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of grounds maintenance and gardening duties in the beautification of assigned grounds and landscaped areas.
Education and Experience:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school and one year of related experience AND a demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of commumity college students.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California drivers license.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Herbicide Applicator Certificate.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment physical assessment.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment drug testing.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Basic grounds maintenance procedures including mowing, edging, raking and weeding.
- Methods, equipment and materials used in gardening and grounds keeping work.
- Cultivating, fertilizing, watering and spraying of flowers, trees and shrubs.
- Proper methods of applying chemicals used in grounds maintenance.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Proper lifting techniques.
- Perform general grounds maintenance duties including mowing, edging, watering, weeding, fertilizing, raking and cultivating lawns, flower beds, athletic fields and other landscaped areas.
- Operate a variety of power and hand tools used in grounds maintenance.
- Perform routine maintenance on grounds equipment.
- Apply specialized chemicals to control and eradicate weeds, insects and other pests.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
- Understand and follow instructions.
- Work cooperatively with others.
Salary Grade: 34.0
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on August 28, 2018 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
Completed Online Application for Employment form
Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
Recruitment Status (tentative):
Application Screening: TBD
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/10522. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency