Executive Secretary, (Level 5/6)
Fordham School of Professional and Continuing Studies (PCS)
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Provide support to all PCS Programs and Administrative staff with primary responsibility for Academic Programs.
- Manage office activities, such as: scheduling appointments, answering phones, receiving visitors, generating and managing office correspondence, producing fliers, memos, mailings processing payments, Adjunct and Guest Lecturer contracts, supply orders and disseminating department information.
- Process and handle confidential paperwork related to transcripts, immunizations, military records, disciplinary actions, compliance and transactions involving international scholars and students
- Create and maintain databases
- Liaise with coordinating departments including Academic departments, Enrollment Services, Procurement, payroll and Career
- Process pricing and registration for corporate, special, and customized programs
- Arrange and attend on campus events, information sessions, and student related activities
- Schedule and administer CLEP and CSA Exams
- Perform research on competing programs
- Cross-train with other campus secretaries required
- Able to work during peak cycle with extended hours during those times April 15 – July 15
- Able to travel to other campuses for additional training as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required. B.A. Preferred
- Minimum of three years clerical/office experience preferably in a college environment.
- Experience with University registration/CRM/payment/scheduling systems (e.g. Slate/Banner/TouchNet/25 Live)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity and aptitude with social media platforms and creating/editing web content
- Adept at collecting and manipulating data
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to work within a diverse community
- Strong writing, oral and interpersonal skills
- A flexible and easy-going manner for addressing the needs of students and faculty in a courteous, diplomatic, and professional manner with utmost confidentiality.
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task, with a willingness to take initiative
- Mandatory Competency Testing
- Demonstrated Writing Ability
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER, RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency