Executive Director, Entrepreneurship & Economic Development
North Carolina Central University
Primary Purpose of Position:
North Carolina Central University (NCCU) is seeking to hire an Executive Director for the NCCU Center for Entrepreneurship and Economic Development (i.e., CEED). The CEED's mission is to create a culture of creativity, innovation and collaboration among students, faculty, and staff at NCCU and the broader community to spur entrepreneurship and economic development. This position is responsible for building and expanding the CEED through engagement of the campus-wide steering committee, the forthcoming Advisory Council, academic programs, and community. The position will report directly to the Dean of the School of Business.
- A minimum of seven years of entrepreneurship experience either in leading entrepreneurship programs and/or as a successful entrepreneur
- A bachelor or graduate degree (preferred) in business administration or equivalent experience required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
General skill requirements
- A deep understanding of entrepreneurship, including trends and developments
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. Some travel is expected.
- A strong commitment to student success
- Two to five years of experience with student programming
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated capacity to establish, cultivate and manage professional relationships
- Ability to work within a strong team-oriented collaborative environment, as well as autonomously
- Ability to work with students, faculty, staff and administrators
- Ability to work with, entrepreneurs, corporations, and local government
- Excellent communication skills that include effective and persuasive writing, and public speaking
- Presence and experience in interfacing with the community
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute a vision is required
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple responsibilities
- Strong leadership, sound decision making and judgment with the flexibility of thought and approach to produce effective results in a matrix environment
- Ability to set up creative, collaborative, and innovative spaces
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.nccu.edu/
North Carolina Central University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency