Engineering Instructor - Full-time Temporary
Posting Number: 02231
Department: Math and Science
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Everett Community College is seeking an instructor for the Engineering Program. This is a one-year temporary position reporting to the Math & Science Division Dean.
- Prepare and teach courses for the Engineering Associate in Science degree.
- Facilitate student learning by using a variety of lecture, discussion, laboratory, demonstration, technology-based, and collaborative formats.
- Identify and implement procedures/techniques to assess individual student learning, as well as achievement of course learning outcomes.
- Assist, advise, and mentor students in the Engineering Program.
- Participate in all other tasks in accordance with faculty contract and College policy.
Everett Community College is committed to increasing cultural diversity among its staff. Applicants with multicultural experience and/or backgrounds, which will add cultural richness and diversity to Everett Community College, are encouraged to apply.
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status or age. EOE.
- M.S. or Ph. D. in engineering, physics or related field.
- Demonstrated preparation for teaching Introductory Engineering Design, Statics, Engineering Graphics, Dynamics, or equivalent areas.
-Demonstrated experience, and/or classroom strategies for, effectively instructing students from diverse backgrounds including differences in culture, heritage, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, class, and religion.
- M.S. or Ph. D. in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Documented excellence in teaching college-level engineering, including student and/or supervisor evaluations.
- Teaching experience in two or more of the following courses: Statics, Dynamics, Mechanics of Materials, Engineering Graphics, Introduction to
- Experience with laboratory-based instruction in engineering.
- Experience with computer modeling, simulation, and/or data acquisition.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with colleagues.
- A philosophy of education appropriate to a learning-centered community college.
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
Ability to operate office equipment
Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials
Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person
Work Hours: The teaching load typically consists of three courses during each of three quarters (September through June). The teaching schedule will typically include late afternoon or evening teaching assignments.
Posting Date: 08/13/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
All applications will be screened, and finalists will be invited for an on-campus interview. Applicants not selected for an interview will be notified by mail or email as soon as possible.
Complete responses required to each application and supplemental questions.
Include a cover letter that specifically and completely addresses each of the listed Minimum and Preferred Qualifications.
Transcripts from all schools where a degree was earned are required.
Notice to Applicants
Prior to hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicants suitability and competence to perform in the position.
In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCCs policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.
The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page. If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and Security
EvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.
This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.
Salary: $59,375 - $62,545 for 3 quarters
To apply, visit https://employment.everettcc.edu/postings/4752
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency