COORDINATOR OF STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Campus Location: San Jose City College
This faculty position is a full-time, 100% FTE Tenure Track (August - June) position as Coordinator of Student Health Services serving as the Director of Health Services in the Division of Counseling and Matriculation located at San Jose City College.
Assignment may include day and evening responsibilities.
This position is represented by the San Jose/Evergreen Federation of Teachers, AFT 6157.Personnel
1. Provides coordination of Student Health Services, in consultation with the Medical Director and collaborates with Student Affairs programs, through the Division Dean, on maintaining and monitoring updates of the Health Services program.
2. Collaborates with Dean to screen potential staff and to provide orientation, training, and other professional development opportunities to Student Health Services faculty and staff.
3. Oversees the programs and services, and works in consultation with Student Health Services faculty and staff to ensure tasks are being completed based on job duties and assignments. Provides direction to staff in performing their duties and ensures they are working within their scope of practice and job description.
4. Guides the Student Health Services programs and services to ensure delivery in accordance with district policies and procedures. Provides recommendations to Dean on coverage needs of Student Health Services on scheduling faculty and staff assignment calendars to meet the needs of the students.
5. In collaboration with the Dean of Counseling and Matriculation and the Vice President of Student Affairs, works with Administrative Assistant and Division Assistant to assist adjunct faculty and classified staff in developing and submitting semester calendars to Business Office.Financial Accountability
1. Develops the annual operating budget; responsible for monitoring revenue and expense projections on an annual basis.
2. In compliance with district guidelines, recommends implements and monitors multiple Student Health Services (SHS) accounts with Administrative Assistant to ensure that department remains fiscally sound, operating within budget.
3. In collaboration with the Dean, Counseling and Matriculation and the Vice President of Student Affairs, develops, manages and administers annual health service's budget.Compliance/General
1. Formulates policies, clinical protocols, standards and objectives of the program, and serves as designate on Safety, Facilities, and Technology committee.
2. Triages medical needs of students requesting an appointment with the Health Center.
3. Assists the clinic physician and/or nurse practitioner/physician assistant as needed and performs medical procedures as ordered by them.
4. Maintains clinic and lab policies and procedure standards to meet compliance with appropriate external regulatory bodies (e.g. HIPAA, OSHA, CLIA, etc.)
5. Provides health counseling on individual and group basis.
6. Provides leadership to relevant staff in their assessment of student and service learning outcomes relevant to programs and services.
7. Refers students to other health agencies when needed.
8. Oversees and administers electronic medical records program. Maintains, updates, and sets up clinic schedules for health care providers.
9. Reviews and orders medication, equipment and medical supplies in collaboration with the clinic medical director.
10. Stays current regarding adult immunizations as recommended by Center for Disease Control and Santa Clara County Health Department and trains staff.
11. Provides direction to Health Services personnel in performing their duties and ensures they are working within their scope of practice and/or job description.
12. Collaborates with the Psychological Services Coordinator regarding the interns and other mental health needs on campus.
13. Collaborates with Case Manager regarding overlapping mental health issues and addressing student's needs.
14. Administers and oversees the Family Pact Program, as well as, makes sure staff is trained/updated regarding changes.
15. Works effectively with individuals and groups, including the Student Accessibility Services (SAS) program, and assists them toward a satisfactory resolution.
16. Alerts appropriate personnel, consulting as needed, with the Santa Clara County Public Health Department, to potential health issues and takes effective action.
17. Collaborates and partners with multiple community based agencies and educational organizations for meeting similar missions for a variety of health-related issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A. The minimum qualifications for a health services professional with overall responsibility for developing and directing student health services shall be a valid current California license as a registered nurse, AND either of the following:
1. Masters degree in Nursing and a California Public Health Nurse certificate
Bachelors degree in Nursing, a California Public Health Nurse certificate, and a Masters degree in Health Education, Sociology, Psychology, Counseling, Health Care Administration, Public Health or Community Health
B. Other health services personnel shall not be subject to statewide minimum qualifications; however, all personnel shall possess appropriate valid, current license or certification to practice in California when required by law. Ancillary personnel shall work under appropriate supervision when required by their license laws.
1. At least 2-5 years of paid work experience in a community college/university or community based clinic in the capacity as a registered nurse or medical professional within the last ten years.
2. Knowledge of Education Code Title 5, Section 76355, and health-related code sections that are the guiding regulations of Student Health Services within the California Community Colleges.
3. Strong evidence of experience with formal training in teambuilding, skill-acquisition and coordination of various programs for the operations of the clinic.
4. Knowledge of local and national issues and trends in community and college health.
5. Demonstrated ability to collect and analyze data for accountability, productivity, and efficiency for program assessment, planning, and budgeting.
6. Current CPR /BLS license.
7. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
Districts Diversity Requirements
$80,357 to $110,031 Entry Level Annual Salary (Academic Salary Schedule 2018-2019); Maximum Salary Potential $143,122. Note: Actual Salary placement is based on candidate's verified education and experience.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Faculty also receive paid sick leave.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency