When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
Position Code: BUSEL
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Hours: Approximately 10 to 15 hours per week. Varied hours evenings and weekends. Primarily select evenings Monday - Friday 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday 7:30 am - 1:00 pm or 1:00 pm - 6:30 pm.
Job Location: East Longmeadow , MA
The Health Science Center (HSC) Business Assistant is critical to the smooth operation of the HSC and has constant interaction with potential and current students, faculty and staff; alumni and donors' and external guests of the HSC.
The Business Assistant is responsible for providing IT, administrative, general office support, to the faculty, students and staff on days/evenings and Saturdays/Sundays when classes/sessions are in progress. The Business Assistant acts as a representative of the University providing excellent customer service. This position assists the East Longmeadow faculty/staff in the operations oversight of the campus during scheduled hours.
Qualifications and Special Skills:
The HSC Business Assistant must possess excellent communication and office skills; is pleasantly engaging; is able to multi-task; is team-oriented; and strives to resolve challenges when they arise.As a front-line representative of the HSC, the HSC Business Assistant must possess knowledge of HSC departmental functions and is supportive of and passionately believes in the University's mission.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive and transfer telephone calls on the HSC's main switchboard efficiently and accurately to the appropriate staff or faculty member in a professional and pleasant manner.Takes messages when necessary.
- Start computers and set-up technology and presentation equipment in all related classrooms prior to the beginning of each class and ensure that computers and related IT equipment are operational, especially in high technology rooms, if needed.
- Break down technology and presentation set-ups at the end of the day, store and secure as required, if needed.
- Provide IT assistance throughout the shift as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service to students, faculty and staff.
- Photocopy documents (some confidential information) as needed.
- Respond to student questions and concerns in a professional and empathetic manner. Refer students to proper resources as needed.
- Greet visitors in a friendly, welcoming, and professional manner.
- Is familiar with all facets of the HSC facility and its operations and provides general supervision and support of the facility.
- Communicate with Campus Public Safety and call 911 if needed.
- Provide receptionist/switchboard coverage.
- Assist with maintaining the smooth operation of the HSC facility including the following: assist ITS department in monitoring IT equipment including PC's and printers, will be trained to trouble shoot PC, AV and printer issues and act as first line of defense if such problems arise; collect and report facility related problems in a timely fashion to appropriate University staff.
- Perform other duties and accepts additional responsibilities as requested by departmental supervisor.
- Complete administrative tasks requested by BPU staff and/or faculty.
- Provide assistance and guidance for deliveries made to HSC.
- Adhere to University policies and procedures and works cooperatively with other University departments across all locations.
- Must be willing to drive to other locations and/or Bay Path campuses and as needed for pick up or delivery of materials or other University related items.
- Be able to respond to emergency procedures, if needed.
- Attend training as required.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the University.
May be called upon to assist with emergency situations in a professional and effective manner.
If you operate a university owned, leased or personal vehicle at any time while performing your duties you must follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Operations Manual. Additionally, you must report any driving offense, on or off company time, which causes a loss, suspension, or any other change in your license status. You must report this change within one business day of the offense. You can report this change to the Human Resource Department or your direct supervisor. Failure to do so can lead to disciplinary action, up to and including terminations.
This list of essential job functions and other responsibilities is representative of those duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. However, the list is not to be considered as all-inclusive. A supervisor or director may assign other duties and/or other duties at alternate locations to meet mission requirements of the HSC and cooperation of all personnel is expected to carry out the mission.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Willingness and ability to work days/evenings and weekends, Saturday's and Sundays required.
- Willingness to be alone in building.
- Ability to troubleshoot IT issues related to computer hardware and software, as well as presentation equipment.
- Ability to work independently and effectively problem-solve.
- Able to work with confidential material with integrity and discretion and within FERPA and HIPPA guidelines.
- Ability to report to work on time for scheduled work shifts.
- Detail orientated with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Valid U.S. driver's license.
- Willing to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University is a smoke- and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. In cover letter, please detail hours available Sunday - Saturday. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency