Assistant or Associate Professor of Accounting
Faculty Classification: AY
Faculty Status: Tenure-Track
Status: Open Until Filled
Department Name: College of Business
Degree/Program: B.S. Business Administration; MBA
Job Number: FAC2019-320
Priority Screening Date: 08/31/2019
Recruitment Status: Apply now! Priority screening date is August 31, 2019.
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (WWW.CSUMB.EDU) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of nearly 7000 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff. During our 25th Silver Anniversary Celebration in 2019-20, we will complete two major building projects: the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and the Student Union. By 2030, CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral.
The College of Business (COB) at California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) seeks outstanding candidates for a tenure-track position in Accounting at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank, beginning Spring or Fall 2020.
CSUMB is the 21st campus of the CSU system and provides over 7,000 students an extraordinary opportunity to learn on a residential campus just one mile from the shores of Monterey Bay. Its diverse student body receives personal attention in small classes while pursuing degrees in 25 undergraduate and eight graduate majors. In 2013, the University's President formed the COB with a primary goal of pursuing AACSB International accreditation. In 2015, the COB moved into a new state-of-the-art building to serve its more than 1,000 undergraduate students enrolled in its two BS degree programs (Business Administration and Sustainable Hospitality Management). The online MBA has over 200 graduate students and is the largest graduate program on campus. The COB also hosts the Institute for Innovation & Economic Development (iiED) and is a partner in the Small Business Development Center.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate level coures
- Facilitate engaged learning to promote student success in an outcomes-based education environment
- Develop effective curricula that implement best teaching practices in accounting education
- Maintain Scholarly Academic (SA) status consistent with CSUMB and AACSB standards through continuous scholarly activities
- Participate actively and engage in collaborative peer leadership in college-level and university-level administrative committees
- Use your academic training and experience to serve your profession and the public and to contribute to the CSUMB Vision
- Advise and mentor students individually and in the context of student organizations to help them achieve their career goals, including through introductions and referrals to potential employers and graduate schools
- Ph.D. in accounting by the date of appointment from a regionally and/or AACSB accredited doctoral program (or the equivalent in another country)
- Meet initial qualification standards for appointment with Scholarly Academic (SA) status consistent with CSUMB and AACSB standards
- Teaching experience that demonstrates excellence at the undergraduate level and the potential to teach at the graduate level
- Ability to teach a range of accounting courses effectively at the undergraduate and graduate levels in various delivery modalities (face-to-face, hybrid, fully online)
- Ability to publish research regularly in discipline-relevant peerreviewed journals
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues
- Sensitivity in working with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community and business community
- Ability to work with the business community to further the goals of our students, the college, and the university
- For appointment at the Associate Professor rank, a consistent record of peer-reviewed publications in discipline-relevant journals and regular contributions to university, community, and profession-related service
- Work experience and/or professional certification(s) in accounting
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Training or experience teaching or conducting research related to data analytics in accounting
- Experience advising and mentoring students individually and within student organizations
- Knowledge of and/or experience working with agribusiness, hospitality, and small business entities (which characterize CSUMBs regional business community)
Other Related Information:
Special Conditions of Employment:
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
The incumbent is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Educations Family Educational Rights and Privacy and Californias Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
Compensation and Benefits:
CAMPUS HOUSING INFORMATION
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://csumb.peopleadmin.com/postings/5349
A completed online application, including all required documents, must be received by University Personnel by 5:00 p.m. on the priority screening date listed above to be guaranteed a review. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned. CSUMB will not fax application materials.
For assistance or if you require an accommodation, please call (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura & Antle Family Memorial Library (map). Please check the link provided for the respective hours and the location.
CSU Monterey Bay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to: Age, Disability, Race or Ethnicity, Gender, Gender Identity or Expression, Nationality, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Genetic Information, Veteran or Military Status.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency