This ad is expired.
Assistant Athletic Director for Communications-Intern
- Work Department: Athletics
- Class Title/Code: Athletic Communications Associate-Intern (5005)
- Effective Date: Jan 13, 2022
Assistant Director of Athletics for Communications-Intern serves as the liaison between department and the news media; directs, supervises and controls the dissemination of sports publicity and other athletic department printing for intercollegiate athletic, including news releases, features, photography, statistics, press box/game day operations, publications, graphics, video and other creative content. Coordinates all efforts within social media between media relations and marketing. Oversees both full time staff, graduate assistants, and student workers. Responsible for the regular and continuous development of high-quality public relations between the department and the region.
- Directs, supervises, and controls the dissemination of sports publicly
- Serves as the liason between media outlets and the athletic department
- Coordinates marketing campaigns through social media, website, and promotions.
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in field related to the position.
- Previous experience in multimedia journalism and marketing or office support in a media setting.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication, organizational, attention to detail and customer service skills required.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in writing press releases and stories for athletics as well as dissemination of sports publicity.
- Starting Salary: $2828.15/mo
- Application Deadline: Jan 19, 2022
- Additional Information:
This is a paid learning program for an interested candidate who does not meet the minimum qualifications for the Athletic Communications Associate classification.
If interested, please submit a resume along with a letter of interest to HR-Intern@wiu.edu by Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Employment - Information & Instructions
Complete an Employment Application online. Submit supplemental application materials, including copies of official academic transcripts and a current resume, via email to HR-Testing@wiu.edu.
All application materials, including completed application, transcripts, and resume, are due in the WIU Human Resources Office no later than 4:30 p.m. the day of the application deadline.
Western Illinois University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact:
Human Resources Office
Sherman Hall 105
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-1971 ext. 1
Fax: (309) 298-2300
Open: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-75682b58f2279547baada185397e955b