This ad is expired.
Administrative Support Associate
North Carolina Central University
Primary Purpose of Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain direct contact with students and faculty/staff; monitor the program's operational funds; create, administer, and analyze appropriate statistical reports and surveys, provide resource referrals for students; assist with the development and implementation of ongoing student programs, initiatives, and projects; supervise dozens of student workers; contribute to reports and edit materials; process all office purchasing; update staff calendars, handle room reservations; manage travel arrangements; keep the office space organized; maintain adequate and accurate student records; take minutes during staff meetings and other events.
High School Diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The successful candidate must possess a working:
- Knowledge of Student Banner or an equivalent system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) Applications
- Knowledge of retention issues and strategies pertaining to participants and of post secondary institutional and community resources
- Knowledge of budget and office management
- Knowledge of assessing and evaluating programs
- Knowledge of writing reports
- Knowledge of planning special events and meetings
- Ability to work with minority male students
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- To take initiative to see projects and assignments through to completion
- To learn, interpret and analyze information to make necessary decisions
- To exercise judgment and discretion in problem solving
- To plan, prioritize and organize workflow
- Ability to work flexible schedules
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills along with written and oral communication skills, excellent editing skills
- Great interpersonal skills to interact effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of individuals in a high pressure environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For employment.re-employment, please treat as Salary Grade 59 or Pay Plan GN05. For applicants who have already applied, they need not reapply to be considered.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.nccu.edu/
North Carolina Central University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency