About the Opportunity
The Seattle Campus is seeking a motivated and customer service oriented individual to fill the role of Administrative Coordinator. This individual reports to the Associate Director of Administration and Operations and is responsible for the administrative and financial activities of the Seattle Campus. They are the main support to Seattle Campus hiring managers and are responsible for documenting and improving recruiting procedures, scheduling complex and often hybrid interview loops, coordinating travel for candidates as needed, and coordinating onboarding schedules and needs. The Administrative Coordinator is our lead I-9 approver and ensures other staff are trained to approve I-9's as necessary. They also lead offboarding operations for employees leaving the organization.
The Administrative Coordinator manages a full-time Administrative Assistant. Additionally, they hire and approve timesheets for a pool of part-time student Administrative and Event Support Assistants (AEAs). They work with the Events Coordinator, Operations Coordinator, and other Seattle Campus Staff to assign AEAs to shifts related to event support, front desk support, and project support respectively.
This is a highly visible position that requires outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, as well as a high level of attention to detail. The successful candidate is excited by opportunities to learn and be part of a highly engaged team of faculty and staff.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three years related experience with a demonstration of increasing responsibilities.
- Effective time management, highly organized, and detail oriented.
- Exceptional multitasking, organizational, and communication skills.
- Superior communication, planning, and customer (internal and external) service skills.
- Demonstrated integrity, dependability, judgment, teambuilding and resourcefulness to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with multiple groups.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Previous experience working with budgets preferred. Experience working with grants a plus.
- Must have excellent computer and professional skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and database management. Excellent Excel skills preferred.
- Experience with Banner, Concur, and other financial reporting systems preferred.
- Experience managing or supervising staff preferred.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
Finance Functions - 20%
Administrative Functions - 40%
Team Management and Development - 40%
with the Events Coordinator, Operations Coordinator, and other Seattle Campus Staff to assign AEAs to shifts related to event support, front desk support, and project support respectively.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Seattle-WA/Administrative-Coordinator_R104500
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency