Administrative Assistant & Receptionist
Requisition Number: ADMIN01927
Location: Charles Town, WV
The Receptionist is the first point of contact for employees and visitors at the University Academic building. This position enforces corporate security procedures, performs general reception duties, and provides administrative support to the Office of the Provost. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and computer skills coupled with excellent interpersonal communication abilities.
- Provides an inviting, professional welcome to employees and visitors to the University Academic building.
- Ensures that University security policies and procedures are followed with regards to personnel entry into the building.
- Provides visitor badges to relevant persons and maintains a log of visitors for security purposes.
- Provides general administrative support to the Office of the President by accomplishing tasks as requested (e.g., printing, faxing, organizing binders, spreadsheet preparation, etc.).
- Assists with meeting details and logistical requirements (e.g., name badges, handout preparation, catering requirements, room locations, etc.).
- Places supply orders: coffee supplies, office supplies, copy paper, etc., and receives, replenishes and organizes supplies.
- Restocks kitchen items as necessary.
- Receives packages and deliveries and maintains a log for documentation purposes.
- Replaces printer, ink and toner cartridges, and calls for copier repair service as needed.
- Delivers mail throughout the Academics building.
- Schedules conference rooms as requested.
- Answers incoming phone calls and directs callers appropriately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
- Sitting at a desk for long periods of time, standing, walking, occasional lifting of office supplies and miscellaneous deliveries up to 50 lbs.
- This position is considered an essential position, and requires work during the set hours of 8:00am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
- Familiarity with corporate security practices, with ability to recognize potential safety and security breaches.
- Ability to interact daily with University staff and guests at all levels.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with co-workers, clients and visitors.
- Flexibility in responding courteously to immediate needs of visitors and callers.
- Knowledge of standard business and office practices and procedures.
- Ability to organize, efficiently document, and routinely update information.
- Able to complete tasks under short notice and having quick suspense.
- Extreme attentiveness to detail with strong and consistent organizational abilities.
- Ability to work independently (with minimal supervision).
- Conducts work with strong personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Holds all appropriate information in confidence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Ability to utilize technology to meet business needs.
- Exemplifies professionalism in appearance and communication.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associate's degree preferred.
- Prior experience working with the public required.
- At least two years of professional office experience required; prior security experience preferred.
To apply, visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1070/JobBoard/711bd40f-864c-42db-8c62-3c62f2edc13f/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=311b2155-ba0d-43b4-be8d-21495dbb9fa6
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency