- Position code: ADJFC
- Job type: Part-time Adjunct Faculty
- Type of class: On-ground
- Class level: Graduate
- Date class is scheduled to begin: October 22, 2018
- Class schedule: Class meets three weekends during the semester
- Duration of class: 3 credit hours
- Time of class: Weekends (Friday evenings 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm, and Saturdays 8:30 am to 4:30 pm)
- Course Number: SPE 505-30
- Location: Concord, MA
This course examines best practices for teaching children preschool through secondary with disabilities in inclusive settings. The focus is on identifying and adapting for students' instructional needs utilizing the Massachusetts Curriculum frameworks. Topics include: educational terminology; team teaching and collaboration; preparing, implementing, and evaluating IEPs; design or modification of curriculum and materials; reasonable accommodations; teaching techniques; behavior and classroom management strategies; instruction on the appropriate use of augmentative and alternative communication and other assistive technologies; and ways to prepare and maintain students in general education; relationship of related services and family members, and assessment strategies for team effectiveness and student learning.
- Masters degree or higher required.
- Minimum of 5 years K12 teaching experience and 3 years higher education experience.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University is a smoke- and tobacco-free community.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency