This ad is expired.
Athletic Facilities Support Specialist
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
About the Opportunity:
The Athletic Facilities Operations/Technical and Mechanical Support Specialist reports to the director of athletic facilities with responsibilities that include maintenance, repair over sight of all athletic facility mechanical equipment including ice plant, Arena dehumidification, air structure mechanicals, power equipment, and field equipment. The individual will be responsible for all maintenance logs, including the scheduling of preventative maintenance by outside contractors. The Individual will have hands on knowledge and experience with HVAC equipment, rigging, Zamboni repair, diesel & gas engines. This is a non- exempt, full time 40 Hr. per week position, full benefits eligible, with an opportunity for additional hours based on the business need. Mandatory overtime will be required during certain times of the year and determined by the director. This position is exempt of holidays and University closure and may require the individual to work during those times at premium. If required to work, individual will be compensated with holiday pay and alternative time off.
Specific job function examples
equipment, ice edger's, golf carts, grooming equipment
- 5+ years of hands on experience of general operations in ice arenas, or mechanical maintenance in facility that has large HVAC and industrial equipment
- Previous experience working in a University setting
- Ability to oversee ice installation and decommissioning of ice slab
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations in the work place
- Extensive knowledge of rigging and concert setups
- Certifications or willingness to get forklift, CPO, 3A, 2B/3C licenses
- Experience driving Zamboni and/or heavy equipment
- 5+ years of operating an ice plant and performing routine maintenance
- Computer knowledge in spreadsheets, word, work order systems
- Ability to work with scheduling software
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulation
- Willingness to be cross trained in areas such as turf, court, pool, maintenance and other areas requiring licenses and certifications.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or related experience
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/501337
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency