When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have may-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position code: ADJOL
- Job type: Part-time online adjunct faculty
- Type of class: Online
- Class level: Graduate
- Date class is scheduled to begin: October 21, 2019
Course Description: This course presents the theoretical and clinical principles and an in-depth description of diseases most often encountered in the primary care setting. The student will explore the pathophysiology and disruptions in normal body functioning for individuals across the lifespan. Health disparities resulting from genetic, environmental and stress-related causes will be analyzed. Assessment
findings, diagnostic testing and interventions specific to selected health problems will be explored. Application of the advanced practice role in the treatment and management of disease processes will be discussed.
Degree requirements for position:
Doctor of Nursing Practice - Nurse Practitioner (DNP/NP) or Master's (MSN)/Nurse Practitioner (NP) required;
Current American Nurse Credentialing Center(ANCC) Certification as an Nurse Practitioner required;
Current unencumbered MA RN nursing license required
Nurse Practitioner registration required
Previous teaching experience:
Family Nurse Practitioner/Nurse Practitioner program teaching experience preferred;
Hybrid or online graduate teaching experience preferred;
Curriculum development and research experience preferred;
- Other experiences:
- Nurse Practitioner current clinical experience required
- If you operate a University owned, leased or personal vehicle at any time while performing your duties you must follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Operations Manual. You must have a valid driver's license and must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter. Additionally, you must report any driving offense, on or off company time, which causes a loss, suspension, or any other change in your license status. You must report this change within one business day of the offense. You can report this change to the Human Resource Department or your direct supervisor. Failure to do so can lead to disciplinary action, up to and including terminations.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University is a smoke- and tobacco-free community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency