This ad is expired.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
4/4/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Under direction, provides analysis of District programming needs, technical specifications, and coding to maintain, modify, expand, or create new programs to respond to user needs and ensure efficient operation of those programs with the District's administrative applications/systems. Analyze, develop, test, implement, maintain, and document programming code for existing and/or new administrative software applications. Liaison with administrative users and software suppliers to identify and document software system purposes, work-flows, output needs, and program requirements and specifications to define system requirements for analysis, modification, and reporting.
Analyze and develop custom modifications to administrative software systems.
1. Maintain programming code for existing administrative software applications.
2. Develop moderate to complex custom software applications.
3. Develop static and dynamic web content for administrative web applications.
4. Perform program analysis for new and existing software applications as requested.
5. Provide technical and programming support for existing applications on all District administrative information systems.
6. Participate in the planning and implementation of web- and mobile-based services for the District.
7. Provide needed support for developing, implementing, and/or maintaining third-party software and associated interfaces to internal administrative software applications.
8. Confer with Supervisor and representatives of departments to resolve questions and programming intent, data input, output requirements and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
Provide documentation and standards for verification of administrative system programming modifications and processes.
1. Maintain thorough and accurate documentation of program development and revision.
2. Analyze, review, and recommend program revision and process to increase operating efficiency.
3. Insure compliance with standards relating to security and data protection.
Develop and support District administrative system reporting requirements.
1. Develop complex reports as required to meet user needs.
2. Create virtual fields as necessary for reporting.
3. Act as liaison between end users and administrative support when necessary.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems, or a related field and a minimum of two years of related experience, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
A minimum of two years of recent experience in computer or information systems.
A minimum of one year of experience working with Ellucian's "Colleague" ERP or other higher education ERP solution (e.g. Banner, Jenzabar).
Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
MEETING MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS DOES NOT ASSURE THE CANDIDATE OF AN INTERVIEW. Applications will be evaluated taking into account the breadth and depth of relevant education, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Demonstrated ability to write working computer code in a variety of industry-standard programming and query languages.
Knowledge of relational database concepts and the tools and methods used to document and maintain complete data structures and relationships.
Strong organizational skills with the ability to develop effective work methods and meet short deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with various levels of the college community, including the ability to exercise patience, tact and good judgment in dealing with end users.
Working hours: Monday through Friday: 7:30 am - 4:30pm.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed athttps://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application must be filled out completely and in detail. The application package must becompletely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified.
Copy of college level transcripts(photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time, 12-month, classified bargaining unit position. Starting date: as soon as possible.Range 43 of theCSEASalary Schedule, with a starting salary of step A, $7,412/month. Excellent benefit package.
To Apply, visit:
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency