This ad is expired.
The University of Notre Dame (ND.jobs) is accepting applications for a Mechanical Engineer.
Applications will be accepted until 7/6/2017.
The University of Notre Dame (www.nd.edu), one of the nation's top 20 institutions of higher learning, is accepting applications for a Mechanical Engineer within the Utilities Department (http://utilities.nd.edu/). The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for working on departmental projects relating to power plant systems, distribution systems and building systems. As an engineering resource of the Utilities Department provide the Office of the University Architect with mechanical engineering support for new building and renovation projects.
Provide a source of expertise in areas of mechanical system design, commissioning, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting for utilities, power plant and building mechanical systems.
Understand, implement and maintain the University of Notre Dame mechanical standards and utilize them to review and comment on mechanical design drawings and specifications being used on projects. Verify that projects and the University mechanical standards are in compliance with all relevant codes, standards and regulatory mandates.
Design projects and prepare necessary engineering documentation both independently and in conjunction with outside engineering firms. Perform Project Management role for projects with significant Mechanical Engineering content either independently or in a team framework.
Be available to provide Engineering support at any time during emergency situations for the Utilities Department Operations Group in order to maintain utility system reliability.
Specific duties include the following:
- Review and support the mechanical aspects of construction projects for both Utilities and Office of the University Architect. Mechanical plans and specifications prepared by outside consultants will be reviewed to determine compliance with University building standards, state building codes and proper engineering practice. Review cost estimates prepared by outside consultants to verify accuracy and completeness.
- Perform project management as assigned by the Asst. Director of Utilities, Engineering. Manage projects through design, budget proposal, installation and commissioning phases.
- Work with other members of Engineering Group on departmental projects. Provide engineering support to Operations Group of Utilities Department, insuring proper and efficient operation of Power Plant and Distribution Systems.
- Mechanical systems in construction projects will be observed and inspected periodically to insure compliance with project documentation. Serve as interface with project architects, engineers and contractors to assist in resolving mechanical issues on construction projects at the University.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering. (4 Year) Experience: 7 Years The following special knowledge, abilities or skills are required:
Codes and Standards:
ASHRAE American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers
OSHA Occupational, Safety and Health Administration
Indiana Plumbing and Mechanical Code Mechanical Engineering knowledge of the theory design, operation and maintenance of the following:
- Building systems including heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment and associated control systems.
- Energy conservation strategies for commercial and industrial systems.
- Power Plant operations including medium pressure fossil fired steam boilers utilizing solid, liquid and gas fuel systems, ash handling systems, automatic extraction and back pressure steam turbine, turbine driven refrigerant chillers, chemical feed systems, single and multi-stage pumps
- Distribution Systems for steam, water, chilled water, compressed air, and sewer. Computer literate, word processing and spreadsheet software. Strong interpersonal skills. Knowledge of and ability to interpret building, mechanical, state, and local codes as well as current licensing or permitting requirements. Must possess or be able to obtain Professional Engineer License Registration.
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and others that will enhance our community. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs to Job # S17540. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency