This ad is expired.
The University of Notre Dame (ND.jobs) is accepting applications for a Electrical Engineer.
Applications will be accepted until 7/6/2017.
The University of Notre Dame (www.nd.edu), one of the nation's top 20 institutions of higher learning, is accepting applications for an Electrical Engineer. The Electrical Engineer will work on a variety of utility, distribution and building electrical systems and equipment including, generation, distribution and controls at various system voltages. Perform estimating, engineering, design, specifying, material procurement, project management and commissioning of projects. Manage contractor crews on installation of same.
Work as a member of the Utilities Engineering Group along with Architects/Consultants and Contractors on Capital Projects regarding electrical aspects of new and renovated facilities. Work with other service groups and campus users to provide electrical solutions to suit the needs of campus.
Specific duties could include the following:
- Perform work and projects relating to the primary electrical distribution system that delivers electrical energy to campus facilities. Examples of this activity include installation of new and expanded feeders to serve new areas of campus, upgrades of existing building services to provide increased load capacity, installation of new high voltage distribution equipment, construction of new Purchase Power Substation and enhancements to the systems metering, relaying and control features.
- Instrumentation and Control engineering. Work includes troubleshooting and resolving field performance issues, specifying instruments for a broad range of applications, designing control systems, planning for future system expansions and maintaining overall system reliability.
- Perform reviews of project electrical requirements for individual building projects. Included in such reviews are the electrical distribution system interfaces (i.e. service sizing, voltage requirements etc.). Work includes reviewing Architect/Engineer prepared drawings and specifications.
- Perform maintenance of electrical equipment within the Power Plant as well as be involved in projects to expand and update the electrical systems within the Power Plant and associated systems located elsewhere on campus.
- Assist various other University Departments to accomplish their electrical goals on their departmental projects. This includes a wide range of services from simple consultation to total project responsibility including cost estimates, drawings, specifications, requests for quotations, material procurement, project management, testing and commissioning of electrical systems.
- Provide support to all aspects of Utilities Operations to assist in troubleshooting and resolving issues as they occur, also provide similar service to external groups as requested or directed.
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering. Must possess or be able to obtain Must have the following years of experience with the following:
- Electrical engineering in power field 7 years
- Project Management 7 years
- Instrumentation and Controls engineering 5 years
- Cost estimating, commissioning and testing 5 years The following special knowledge, abilities or skills are required:
- Power System Engineering
- Instrumentation and Control Design and Applications
- Electrical Distribution System Planning
- High Voltage Systems Installation and Safety Practices, Cable and Equipment Testing, Troubleshooting
- Protective Relaying Applications and Fault Current Analysis, Setting Calculations and Relay Coordination, Testing and Setting
- Electrical Metering Design and Applications
- Codes National Electrical Code (NEC), National Electrical Safety Code (NESC)
- Grounding and Lightning Protection This position is required to be available to respond to emergency situations at any time.
Professional Engineer License Registration.
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and others that will enhance our community. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs to Job # S17539. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency